Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Internal Conflict: (noun) Psychological struggle within the mind of a literary or dramatic character,
the resolution of which creates the plot's suspense.

It was dark, with the smell of burning chemicals in the air. I was uneased by how much at ease I felt. Too many smiles, little side smirks, eye contact that felt too comfortable. Alcohol had only complicated things before, so I kept a beer at hand so I wouldn't nervously play with my nails. It didn't help, I have too many nervous habits to try and contain them all. I had so much to say to anyone that would listen, but if I've learned anything, it's to just keep your mouth shut. I didn't. I never do.
There was a girl dressed as grapes, a couple cross dressers, a handful of 80's rockers, another black swan; hipsters everywhere.
The music was pretty upbeat, and we all danced in a circle in the house. Carefree, letting loose. We could've all been strangers, or best friends. It didn't matter, we just wanted to dance.
Alcohol set in and the truth set out. Words were exchanged, plans were made. Looks were exchanged, feelings were made.


There's something wrong with this plot,
the actors here have not got a clue.
Baby I'm howlin' for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment